Wednesday, November 5, 2008

a day in Laos..


The trip to Laos seemed impossible since I stepped foot onto LAX..At my first check-in, the associate told me that in order to enter Vietnam, I needed a pre-approval visa from the embassy. So they told me that I couldn't go, not even to Korea!!! I frowned..all my preparations...and what? I can't even get out of LAX?? While my head was spinning, it's funny how my heart somehow, wasn't. I knew that in some way...I would be able to go. All the directions always pointed toward me going to Laos. It was always myself that was saying 'there's no way I can get to Laos.' After 10 minutes of...confusion, I asked again, saying that I am going to Vietnam, but it wasn't my final destination...bingo. Got my boarding pass & was on my first flight to Korea.

The trip got harder & harder. WOW. I thought I wasn't gonna make it after I got to Vietnam! Almost 30 hours of flying & lay-overs..

All I can say is, I'm so glad to finally be here at my final destination!!!!! :)

What's the best part? Every experience is an opportunity to make memories. Even if I slip...really badly..down a flight of stairs carrying my very heavy suitcase...-_- (Man, that hurt. OW~~~)......it is a memory. I am allergic to cats & my allergy medicine is so not working. I have a bulging left eye & it's now red. Great.


BUT so far, my sis showed me how to ride a scooter (kinda), I have witnessed traditional Lao dancing (beautiful), I've been behind my sister's scooter around town..met my sister's co-workers & students at her University, napped with Jo's cats (who love me by the way..)

Each day is so much fun! I look forward to...further damage. hahaha. Maybe tomorrow I'll fall off Jo's scooter..ouch. I hope not. My left elbow is still freshly wounded from my fall.

Oh, who cares.

Bring it on :D