Thursday, November 13, 2008

my prayer

(A prayer from a book I'm currently reading, "Character Makeover" by Katie Brazelton & Shelley Leith)


"Precious Lord,
I wasn't sure I would ever say this, but thank you for the wilderness. I admit I've complained, despaired, & even lost faith during my time of waiting. But you've been patient with me. Thank you. Help me to keep waiting patiently, knowing that this quiet time is both healing & restorative, a time when you & I can just meet together & be together, without too many expectations. Thank you that while I wait, you are working in ways I cannot see, leaving me here as long as it takes to grow me into the oak tree I need to be for the next thing you have in store for me.
In the name of Jesus, amen."


...took the words right out of my mouth...hmm, how lovely.