Sunday, November 9, 2008

honeymoon w/ God












Luang Prabang, Laos is where I am currently staying, with my lovely sister. Each day is amazing & a pleasant surprise. I came here to just spend time with my sister, maybe baby-sit her cats & have a quiet time with God. I didn't expect anything (actually, I didn't really want to come!) But for some reason, I felt that I had to come...

Then to be able to marvel at all this beauty...the blue, blue sky, beautiful scenery, & a close look into a strange, unknown world.. What a wonderful gift!

My sis suggested that we do our quiet time today by reading a (short) book of the Bible & sharing our insights from what we read. I was currently reading 2 Corinthians, so I decided to finish reading it. A lot of the verses were words of encouragement..as I read along. It gently reminded me of God's overflowing love for me & for all. And I was reminded of a new life that is to come, where I can finally be with God forever..in paradise. I can't wait! :o)



2 Corinthians 6: 15-18:

"All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more & more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light & momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."