Tuesday, October 21, 2008

it's all about love

Lately, I've been learning a lot about the value of love. Sometimes it's the hardest thing to give/show to others, while it's the one thing that EVERYBODY craves (even if they don't admit it to themselves).

Subconsciously, I used to think: people can betray or hurt me, but at least God will never do that to me...
<'Cause.....seriously, people can be just so evil, rude, impatient, thoughtless, obnoxious,................etc.> lol

And today, I learned for the first time, that I can no longer separate between God & human beings. If I truly am aiming to grow spiritually in my relationship with God, then I need to start filling up my own heart with love & compassion for the people that God created & loves more than anything in this world..myself included.

It's gonna be a bit of a challenge, especially for myself. It will take some time, training, & patience. Maybe I will utterly fail sometimes!! But definitely a lot of growth, intimacy, & reconciliation will result, which are the products I gladly wait for :o) And the best part is, I don't think for a second that I will regret ever trying to love someone.



*Because the Bible says,


"The Lord is gracious & compassionate, slow to anger & rich in love.
The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made.
All you have made will praise you, O Lord; Your saints will extol you.
They will tell of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts & the glorious splendor of Your kingdom.
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, & Your dominion endures through all generations.

The Lord is faithful to all His promises & loving toward all He has made."

-Psalm 145: 8-13-