Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a missing piece

It hasn't been even a month since my big sister has left my side and already I feel like a piece of myself is gone. At first I didn't notice it, but now I realize how much I'm missing her I'm so sad. It's hasn't even been a month yet, how am I supposed to survive an entire year?

Luckily..my obsession with technology/gadgets/mechanical devices or whatever-you-wanna-call it are totally paying off.

I talked to my sis through Skype, which allows me to talk to her through my laptop plus be able to see her and hear her. Totally awesome!! Whoever made Skype = GENIUS. Talking to her and watching her show us (my mom and I) her room, the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room.. as she carried her laptop around the house in Laos was totally amazing. :o) Made her seem not so far away. It was weird that she was showing us her place and it was during the day when it was almost 9pm over here.

While I was downloading Skype to my laptop..I was conveniently chatting with her through google talk on my Blackberry. It's pretty incredible how these computers/phones can enable sisters who are off in different parts of the globe to be able to carry a conversation instantly, not to mention for free. Bravo.

Miss you Jo! Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way..